Specialized Student Services (SSS) Counselors, Pupil Services and Attendance (PSA) Counselors and Psychiatric Social Workers (PSW), provide local, integrated, and specialized support services for targeted student populations, including students in foster care, experiencing homelessness, and/or involved in the Juvenile Justice System.
Advocacy and Case Management Services
- Comprehensive Academic Assessments to identify and address barriers to educational achievement
- Advocacy for educational rights including immediate school enrollment, to remain in school of origin, transfer of school records
- Linkage to resources to address identified needs including basic needs such as transportation, food and housing
- Increase attendance rates and school engagement.
- Increase academic achievement and graduation rates.
- Increase school stability.