All Los Angeles Unified Schools are in full implementation of the California Next Generation Science Standards (CA NGSS). Teachers are highly encouraged to continue to attend professional development provided by their Region and the Division of Instruction to take the learning to their schools as they explore with colleagues the daily practices of NGSS.The focus should be on grasping and applying the shifts of NGSS, most especially the phenomena-based approach, and the emphasis on Science and Engineering Practices as part of the three-dimensional learning.
- A New Vision for Science Education (Infographic)
- NGSS and Appendices
- NGSS Now- Monthly newsletter(scroll down to locate)
- California Association of Science Teachers
- Concord Consortium
- Phet Simulations
- Ambitious Science Teaching - Unit and lesson planning tools
- Next Generation Science Storylines - A unit planning tool
- Phenomena for NGSS
- Tools to Unpack the NGSS Performance Expectations
- Using Preserved and Live Organisms in Science Classes
For more resources, check out the Elementary, Middle, and High School Instructional Resource pages.