District Office of Transition Services
Our mission is to prepare students with disabilities ages 14+ to transition from school to adult life. Transition planning includes instructional activities, collaboration, employment preparation, and assessment to help students identify and move toward their post secondary goals.
Transition support is a team effort among case carriers, general education teachers, special education teachers, Related Service staff, transition teachers, parents/guardians, and agency partners (as appropriate).
Transition services facilitated by transition teachers includes:
• Targeted and individualized transition activities to help students prepare for post secondary education, employment, and independent living.
• Partnerships with Department of Rehabilitation and Workability I to provide unique services and paid work-based learning experiences.
• Connecting students and families with outside agencies that may provide transition support during and after high school.
• Providing training and support for compliant Individual Transition Plan (ITP) development as part of the Individualized Educational Program (IEP).
• Transition assessments are utilized to identify student strengths, preferences, interests, and needs in the areas of education, employment, and independent living.
Please review the links below for more information:
Los Angeles Unified School District ♦ Division of Special Education
333 South Beaudry Avenue, 17th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90017