National Board Certified Teachers can be compensated for up to 90 hours of service aligned to District priorities and initiatives. Please click the links below for further information on guidelines and documentation. Continuing NBC Teachers may log hours between July 1st and early May each year. Newly certified teachers become eligible beginning in January after their certification. Both continuing and newly certified teachers must have their Principal Assignment Certification and Commitment Form/Action Plan on file to be eligible (see the forms page of this website).90-HOUR SPECIAL OPPORTUNITIES/PRE-APPROVED ACTIVITIESThese are eligible for hours to be reported under Task 2a unless otherwise indicated on the opportunity guidelines (ie Task 8 for mentor training)
To request to be added to the NBC Teacher Pre-Approved 90 Service Hour Opportunities
Please email Temika (Miko) DixonSpecial Opportunities for earning NBC hours may arise each year. They will be posted here for your reference. All Special Opportunities are to be reported as Task 2a hours. If there is a special log posted, be sure to use it. Please remember:
- Special Opportunities are offered only for the year they are posted. It must be on the current year's listing to be eligible.
- Please be sure to look at the due date for any applications. Opportunities will remain listed after they are no longer accepting additional applications so that they will be eligible for Task 2a.
- Be sure to complete the selection process. Your name must be on the list provided to the NBC office to be eligible for hours for any of the Special Opportunities.
New Teacher/Intern Support
- New Hire Support for Teachers
- University Intern Program
- Provisional Teacher Support
- Student Teacher Support