Welcome to The Los Angeles Unified School District family!
Since the founding of the first public school in Los Angeles in 1885, the Los Angeles Unified School District has grown to encompass 720 square miles and approximately 13,300 school campuses. Today, LA Unified is the second largest district in the nation and is led by Alberto M. Carvalho as Superintendent.
The educators in the Los Angeles Unified District reflect the vibrancy, diversity, and energy of Los Angeles itself. We are pleased to welcome you to our district as a student teacher and hope your experience will support your goal of becoming a member of this noble profession. We look forward to your joining us as a fully credentialed teacher.
PRINCIPALS 22-23 updates coming soon
- Work with your University Program to get placed in a classroom for Student Teaching
- The University Liaison sends a roster of student teachers to Los Angeles Unified (TDAS@lausd.net, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
- Upon Confirmation of placement, complete the Sign up for Los Angeles Unified Single Sign On OneAccess Single Sign-on Directions
- Complete the Student Teacher Contact Form 22-23 Student-Teacher Contact Form Fall
- Register for Schoology (see OneAccess directions above)
- Submit the Acknowledgement of District Policies and Procedures Form on Schoology Acknowledgement of District Policies and Procedures
- Attend the Student Teacher Orientation (August 30, 2022, 9:00 AM. - 11:00 AM - Zoom link sent to IHEs in a "Save the Date"). Additional dates will be posted soon.
- Attend the Student Teacher Information Session--How to Apply to Los Angeles Unified (optional)
- 22-23 dates coming soon
- The meeting room will open approximately 20 minutes before the start of the session.
- Visit the TeachinLA website to apply for a teaching position in LAUSD
New Teacher/Intern Support
- New Hire Support for Teachers
- University Intern Program
- Provisional Teacher Support
- Student Teacher Support