Teachers interested in participating in TGI must first begin with the application process to determine eligibility. The major eligibility requirements and criteria are as follows:
TGI Eligibility Requirements
Participating Teachers must:
- Be assigned to a LAUSD school or an affiliated charter school
- Hold a valid California multiple subject or single subject preliminary teaching credential, verifiable on the CTC website at the time of application
- Currently be serving as a full-time teaching position as a teacher of record
NOTE: Teachers in any substitute assignment, pool, pre-K infant, or ROP assignments are ineligible to participate in Teacher Growth and Induction (TGI).
Additional eligibility requirements or criteria may apply. Submitting a TGI Application Form is required to determine eligibility for participation.
TGI Candidate Teacher Application
The enrollment window to apply for Candidate Teacher Application is now closed. The application window will open on May 29, 2024 at 9 AM.
For questions and information about the application process, please contact Christina Mendez at email@example.com.
Early Completion Option (ECO)
Once enrolled in Teacher Growth and Induction (TGI), Candidate Teachers that meet the eligibility criteria may apply for an Early Completion Option (ECO). This is an accelerated program option offered to eligible candidates that allows teachers to complete the induction in one year. To be eligible to apply for ECO, applicants must:
- Have at least three previous years of full-time teaching experience as the teacher of record in the area authorized by their preliminary credential.
- Have no other pending requirements other than a Commission approved induction program, such as, but not limited to: TPA, CBEST, CSET, RICA.
- Demonstrate exceptional teaching ability.
Additional information will be provided at our candidate teacher orientation. For detailed eligibility requirements, please contact Joshua Kincaid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click HERE for the iCAAP Program (for Special Education teachers seeking to clear their Preliminary Credential).