General Stores Distribution Section stocks over 2,800 educational tools, office supplies, furniture, equipment, and specialty items that support a variety of instructional programs. Because of the District's volume purchasing power, General Stores Distribution provides schools and offices with quality products at the most competitive prices available.
Shop for Products
General Stores Distribution Section provides a convenient "one-stop shop" by offering a variety of the most frequently purchased school items. In addition to stocking commonly used school and office supplies, General Stores also stocks a variety of unique and specialty items including District specific forms and publications, stationery, custodial, music, art, and home economics supplies. General Stores stocks at least 14 product categories that schools may order from under one stock requisition.
Items available from General Stores may be viewed on the Online Catalog at https://storescatalog.lausd.net, or the Supplies & Equipment Catalog, which is delivered to schools and offices each school year. For additional copies free of charge, place an order using material number 9661213105.
Any LAUSD employee can log onto the online catalog to browse for products and see the latest pricing. General Stores Distribution Online Catalog is now for viewing only. To purchase products, please go to LRP Interim Ordering Process for more information.
General Stores offers free 3-day delivery and will-call (same day pick up) orders. Overnight and same day deliveries are also available for a nominal fee ($9.00 per 80 lb. for overnight and $13.00 per 80 lb. for same day). All orders are delivered by Truck Operations' drivers who are uniformed, licensed, and monitored, and the delivery of mail, supplies, and groceries are consolidated to reduce truck and non-district personnel traffic on school campuses.
A dedicated Customer Service Unit can answer all your General Stores inquiries:
Telephone (562) 654-9009
Fax (562) 654-9019
We Want to Hear From You
Download any of the following forms and fax the completed form to Customer Service at (562) 654-9019.
- New Product Suggestion - Use this form to list any product that your school or office would like General Stores Distribution to carry as a stock item.
- New Ink & Toner Cartridge Request Form - Use this form to list any ink and/or toner cartridges that your school or office would like General Stores Distribution to carry as stock item.
- Order Adjustment Form - Use this form to report General Stores Distribution delivery/order errors, damaged goods, or return (for credit).
- Requisition - Use this form when placing orders.
- Price Match Form - Use this form to report a lower price on an identical item.
- Product Complaint Form - Use this form to report poor quality or poor performance of General Stores Distribution products received.