Employment Verification is a service that the Human Resources Division of the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) provides upon request by current and former employees and third parties with a legitimate interest in an employee's employment history.Employment Verification is often requested in order to:
- Obtain financial credit (e.g., car loan, mortgage, etc.)
- Qualify for a lease (e.g., apartment, car, etc.)
- Prove eligibility for social services benefits (e.g., subsidized housing or child care providers)
- Provide verification to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for work authorization purposes
- Provide verification of teaching experience (e.g., National Board Certification, for employment with other school districts, California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC), etc.)
- Provide employment verification for student loan deferrals and forgiveness programs
LAUSD verifies previous teaching and other credentialed work experience on our own computer-generated forms, rather than forms from other school districts. This allows us to expedite the response time to your request.
- The employee is responsible for submitting completed loan documents to the specific federal loan agency.
- In accordance with LAUSD information security policy and to avoid cyber-security risks, our office does not access third-party links, including links sent with verification requests.
Click on the corresponding icon below for specific instructions.