- Verifications of Employment (SVOE, VOTE, USCIS)
For verifications NOT processed through The Work Number platform, submit requests in writing to the Office of Employee Relations via an
Employment Verification Request Form. Instructions to access and complete the form are below.
Click here to access and download the Employment Verification Request Form.
INSTRUCTIONS TO COMPLETE THE FORM
Section 1: Employee Information - it is important to complete all fields and provide all requested employee information so that we may access the employment information.
Section 1: Request for Verification on Formal Letter (check one)
- Standard Verification: Select to request a simple verification of employment (SVOE) on District letterhead indicating the employment date, salary and current job title.
- Teacher Experience: Select to request a Verification of Teaching Experience (VOTE) for credentialing purposes, employment with another school district, National Board Certification, etc.
- INS Letter: Select to request a letter for immigration sponsorship or work authorization purposes.
- Other: Select this option if none of the existing categories fit AND complete the "What is the reason for your request?" section.
- Request Distribution Checkbox: Select the appropriate checkbox (only one please) to indicate if the verification should be sent via email, fax, or U.S. Mail.
Section 2: Third-Party Information
Complete this section ONLY if the verification should go to someone other than yourself. Please note that you will need to authorize the release of information via your signature.
Section 3: Employee Signature
Print, sign (wet signatures ONLY) and date the form, authorizing the release of your information. Digital or electronic signatures are not allowed.
NOTE: Your request will be returned unfulfilled if the authorization described above is not provided.
Employee Verification Requests are a priority. However, due to the high volume of requests for employment verification, most requests will take 1-2 weeks to process.
How to Submit the Form to LAUSD
Submit the completed and signed form to the Office of Employee Relations as indicated below. The information is also displayed at the top of the form.
Fax: (213) 241-8404
Los Angeles Unified School District
Human Resources Division - Office of Employee Relations
333 S. Beaudry Ave, 14th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
- The Work Number (mortgage lenders, banks, property management and rental/lease agreements)
The Work Number is an automated service that allows outside entities to quickly obtain verification of employment and income for current employees. The platform is widely known to mortgage lenders, banks, property management and apartment complexes, and social service agencies. The Work Number is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
As a current employee, you benefit from having control of the process, since only you can authorize access to your information. You simply provide the requestor with a salary key number in order to retrieve the details. Employment verifications processed via The Work Number are available within minutes.
To request a salary key number, visit The Work Number website at www.theworknumber.com, or call (800) 367-2884. You will need to know the following information:
- LAUSD Company Code - 10721
- Your primary employee number (Ex: 00123456)
- Your PIN number - the initial PIN is a combination of the last four digits of your social security number (SSN) and the last four digits of your employee number.
NOTE: Social Services agencies such as Housing Authorities and Family Services may qualify for a fee waiver.
For all additional questions, click here for The Work Number website.