We are pleased to announce that SAP Concur is LIVE for Central Offices! What this means is that moving forward, travel and expense requests for Central Office employees should be entered into and approved in SAP Concur. For now, District employees will use the current processes for booking travel, either using your location’s District T-Card or having the traveler self-pay and request reimbursement. Please note, the Travel Freeze is still in effect, and the Freeze Form will be required to be uploaded with travel requests until further notice. Once the ability to book travel through Concur becomes available, communication will be sent out. Please complete any existing/in-progress trips that have been entered in the current SAP Travel Management Module (TMM) and enter any new travel requests in SAP Concur.
- How to Submit a Travel Request on Behalf of Another Employee (for Site Travel Specialists)
- How to Submit a Travel Request
- How to Submit a Travel Expense Report on Behalf of Another Employee (for Site Travel Specialists)
- How to Submit a Travel Expense Report
- How to Enter Funding Allocation for Travel Req or Exp
- How to Submit a Retro Expense Report
- How to Activate E-Receipts
- How to Assign a Delegate
- How to Add an Approver
- Approvers - How to View Attachments
- How to Approve a Travel Request or Expense Report
- Designate a Substitute Approver
Concur Training Videos
During the roll-out to Central Offices, the PSD Travel Unit is available for live questions or assistance with entering travel requests in Concur.
Live Concur Travel Drop-In Sessions via Microsoft Teams- New sessions coming soon!
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I do if an approver rejects my Request or Expense Report?
Make any required corrections in SAP Concur and resubmit.
- What do the various payment types mean?
- Self-Paid: Payment that was paid with the traveler’s personal credit card or in cash
- District Paid: Non-reimbursable expense which was paid with District funds on employees’ behalf, for example, paid by P-Card, T-Card, Imprest or Purchase Order,
- Pending Card Transaction: The Concur system will default to this payment type. You will need to change it to either District Paid or Self-Paid, depending on how you paid for the expense item.
- What if something is wrong with my employee profile?
Employee profile data (name, cost center, manager, etc.) comes from SAP ECC. If data is incorrect, contact travel desk at email@example.com or (562) 654-9058
- What if a SAP Questionnaire request appears?
Click either “Provide Feedback” or click “No Thanks”. This is for the actual Concur system, not the set up or audit related.
- What should I do when an alert message appears?
This is a SAP Concur server delay. Follow the instructions listed within the alert message and submit a ticket to LAUSD help desk.
- What should I do when an error message appears?
This is a SAP Concur server delay. Follow the instructions listed within the error message.
- Why are the expense types not copied down from the approved request?
It may not be supported by the request to expense copy down functionality. Manually enter all actual expenses into the expense report.
- What if the full name and status is not visible in manage request/expense?
The user screen resolution is not optimized for viewing. Click Ctrl button and scroll with mouse to make screen resolution smaller as needed to see all information.
- What if the hotel check-in/check out dates do not copy down as expected?
The expected check-in/check-out date will default to the expense transaction date. Manually enter correct check-in and check-out dates.
- Is a receipt required for every expense?
Receipts are required for all expenses except: Per Diem, Personal Car Mileage, and Sub-Teacher Costs.
- What should I do if I don't know what fund or functional area code to use?
Choose “yes” under Special Funding Assistance and submit the Expense Report/ Request, leaving the allocations blank.
- I am traveling on behalf of another department. Can I allocate my charges to them?
Yes, you can allocate to the department’s cost center, fund, and functional area.
- As an approver, where should I be approving SAP Concur Expense Reports or Requests?
Approvers will approve through ESS at (https://ess.lausd.net).
- As an Expense Report/Request submitter, where do I enter my expense report?
Start a Request or Expense Report in SAP Concur.
- I’m traveling soon. When can I start a Request for my trip?
Per the District policy, approval should be submitted at least 20 business days prior to the event for local and in-state travel and at least 30 business days prior to the event for out-of-state and international travel. If your trip is not approved by all approvers before the travel dates, you will not be able to book travel through Concur and you do not have the approval to travel.
If you choose to travel without approval in Concur, you will have to self-pay for any travel expenses and request reimbursement through the “retroactive travel request (RTR)” process. There is no guarantee that the RTR will be approved and you will receive reimbursement.
- What am I able to do as a delegate?
Delegates can create Requests and Expense Reports but cannot submit them. They can also enter the cost center, fund, and functional area, attach, and read receipts, and use reporting.
- What if my request does not receive all approvals in SAP Concur prior to my trip?
If your trip is not approved by all approvers before the travel dates, you will not be able to book travel through Concur, and per District Policy, you do not have approval to travel. If you choose to travel regardless, you will have to self-pay for any travel expenses and request reimbursement through the “retroactive travel request(RTR)” process. There is no guarantee that the RTR will be approved and you will receive reimbursement.