• Transcript/Certificate Verifications

    To request a document verification or replacement copy, please use the options below. Only the test taker can initiate a CDE search. Federal law prohibits CDE staff from discussing test taker information with 3rd party requestors.


    For Test Taker


    • For copy requests of your traditional high school diploma or transcript, please contact the authorizing school or district. For convenience, the California School Directory can be used to locate contact information.



    • For copy requests of your GED certificate or transcript taken  from July 1, 1990 to present, please call 888-906-4031 or visit the GED web site .


    • If GED Certificate was taken, from 1942 to June 30 1990, you may request a copy of your score report to be submitted to the State of California. For more information please call (213) 765-2573



    On Behalf of a Test Taker



    • GED Requests - Third Party Organization (Non-Academic)


    • GED Requests - Academic Institution or School

      • Sign-up to Request & Receive GED transcripts: Schools and Institutions are eligible for a free Parchment Receive Lite account to request and receive GED transcripts.