PROCEDURES FOR TEACHERS CONVERTING TO PROBATIONARY OR UNIVERSITY INTERN CONTRACT STATUSIt is imperative that you report to the Human Resources offices to change your status as soon as your credential is issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC). Please be advised that the effective date of the change of status will be the day you sign your contract, NOT the day the university applied for the credential. Your District seniority date will be established on the first day of paid service in probationary status in your regular assignment.Step 1Bring the following items to the Certificated Workforce Management & Qualifications Office located in the Beaudry builiding, 15th Floor:
Step 2You will then meet with a Credentials and Contract Specialist who will issue an LAUSD Credential Clearance and you will sign the appropriate contract at that time.Step 3If you have any post-graduate units to submit for salary points, you will then be referred to a Salary Credit Assistant. The following items will be required:
- ORIGINAL Conversion Non-Confidential Reference Form (HR-9024) completed by your principal/designated school administrator AND endorsed by your principal
- Printout of your credential from the CTC website.
- Completed Current Contracted Employee Information Form (HR-1282).
- OFFICIAL Transcripts
- Completed U-Form (HR-3134).
- Child Development Permits for Transitional Kindergarten
- Early Childhood Education/Child Development Programs