Facilities Services Division


  • Real Estate & Business Development


    The Real Estate and Business Development department of the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) is responsible for processing and preparing license agreements and civic center permits for the use of District facilities by outside third parties.

    The LAUSD makes its public school facilities available for use by the public under the Civic Center Act. The California Education Code (Sections 38130 through 38139) stipulates that every public school facility within the State of California be made available for use as a civic center.

    Any use of facilities or access to District owned property must be documented and authorized by an agreement, either a permit or a license agreement. The types of permits and licenses include but are not limited to:

    • Civic Center Permits
    • Filming Permits
    • License Agreements

    School/District Sponsored Events

    For on-site events (District owned property), a Request for Facility Use application must be completed and submitted online for "School/District-Sponsored Special Events" to obtain approval from Risk Management. A Civic Center permit or License Agreement is not required.

    Off-Site Events

    For District events at non-District owned property, the form "Request for Approval of Off-Site Special Event" must be completed. The form can be requested by phone: (213) 241-0329, email: riskfinance@lausd.net, or obtained from the Risk Management & Insurance Services website: https://www.lausd.org/Page/6714.

Asset Management