- Click here to complete an online certificated employment application.
- Please email Susan Simon in the Speech and Language Program at email@example.com to notify her that your on-line application has been completed. Please attach a current resume to that email.
- Once your application has been submitted and your resume received, you will be contacted to schedule an interview with the Speech and Language Program.
- Contact the Speech and Language Program to answer questions related to program assignments and description of job opportunities at (213) 241-6200.
(Note: To apply for a SLP-Assistant position click here.)
Educational Speech-Language Pathologists in LAUSD provide a variety of speech and language services to students between the ages of 3 and 22 years under IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act) including:
Prevention: Working with school staff and classroom teachers to facilitate speech and language development for all students.
Pre-referral: Providing individualized classroom strategies to facilitate specific communication skills.
Assessment: Utilizing thorough formal and informal assessment methods to determine eligibility and services for students suspected of having a Speech or Language Impairment.
Intervention: Developing and implementing educationally-based IEP communication goals using a variety of service delivery models to support the classroom curriculum.
School-based speech-language therapy focuses on oral communication activities to support the student’s ability to access his/her educational program in the following communication domains:
- Receptive/Expressive/Pragmatic Language
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication
SLPs in LAUSD enjoy both District level and Program-related benefits, including:
- Full medical, vision, and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- STRS, California's State Teacher Retirement System (8% of monthly salary)
- Maintenance of caseload averages
- Laptop computers and Web-based scheduling, treatment records and IEPs
- District sponsored ASHA approved CEUs
- Opportunities for participation in innovative programs
- Leadership/advancement opportunities
- CFY/RPE supervision available
- Utilize the most current assessment and therapy materials
Effective immediately, new hires in the positions of Speech and Language Therapist will be rated in on Pay Scale 33D on the Special Services Table as follows:
- New hires with less than three years of experience will rate in at Step 1 = $61,433
- New hires with three years of experience shall rate in at Step 2 = $64,828
- New hires with 5 years of experience shall rate in at Step 3 = $68,451
Choice of Salary Schedule at time of hiring:
At the time of hiring, SLPs have the option of choosing a salary table that best meets their own qualifications and personal needs. Click on the links to view the salary tables. The two options are described below:
C basis = $61,433 (1st yr) to $76,506 (5th yr)
On the Special Services Salary Table, SLPs have a daily scheduled obligation on-site of eight hours. Minimum requirements for eligibility on the Special Services Salary Table as a Speech-language Pathologist include:
- An earned Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Speech-Language Pathology or Communicative Disorders
- A California License as a Speech-Language Pathologist (Note: SLP Credential is required in addition to the RPE Temporary License)
- Valid Drivers License
Teacher Salary Table (T) - Based on years of experience and number of units
C basis = $45,637 to $72, 592
On the Teacher Salary Table, the minimum on-site obligation for SLPs must match those of the teachers at the school sites assigned. Minimum requirements for eligibility on the Teacher Salary Table as a Speech-language Pathologist include:
- SLP Services Credential from California Commission on Teacher Credentialing or a California License as a Speech-Language Pathologist
- Valid Drivers License