The following certificated employees/candidates must be fingerprinted by the Los Angeles Unified School District and receive clearance prior to reporting for work:
Fingerprints may be taken and cleared up to 60 days prior to your first day of employment with the District.New employees may fingerprint at a third-party site, or in our Human Resources Offices at 333 S. Beaudry Avenue, 15th Floor.
- All new employees
- All former employees who have been separated from service for any period of time.
- For fingerprints at District headquarters, please visit https://teachinla.co/fpappt to make an appointment.
- To fingerprint at a third-party NON LAUSD location, please navigate to https://www.applicantservices.com/LAUSD to find a fingerprint site and register.
- Any new employee who DOES NOT currently hold a credential, permit or Certificate of Clearance issued by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing must also register for Commission prints by clicking the purple "LICENSE CERT OR PERMIT" button on the site to print for a Certificate of Clearance Application.
- An additional fingerprinting fee will apply, as well as a fee for the Certificate of Clearance Application.
- You will also need to complete the Certificate of Clearance application through the Commission on Teacher Credentialing website.
- Please note that fingerprints for a credential, permit or Certificate of Clearance will NOT be accepted for employment.
No employee may report to work prior to receiving District notification of fingerprint clearance.Please do not make a fingerprint appointment until you have been granted eligibility for employment, and have a confirmed job offer.Fingerprinting fees are the sole responsibility of the employee.For additional questions, or to check on the status of your fingerprint clearance, please call (213) 241-5300.No matter where you choose to fingerprint, please be sure that you use your full legal name on all employment documents.Please see below for detailed instructional videos regarding fingerprinting for Employment Fingerprints and Commission Fingerprints.
- Failure to complete the appropriate fingerprints will result in delays in employment onboarding.
- District Intern Program
- Foreign Applications
- K-12 Substitute Teachers
- School-Based Administrators
- Non School-Based Administrators
- Out-of-District Administrator Applicants