Considerations in the hiring process
Below are some of the factors that contribute to the length of time needed to fill a vacancy:
- The lack of available candidates with specialized skills
- The work location, assignment basis, number of assigned hours, or the work shift may be considered less desirable by candidates.
- The candidate(s) hired for positions are new to the District and must be processed to comply with specific requirements such as testing for tuberculosis and background checks. In addition, they must, in most cases, provide proof of education requirements and may need to secure transcripts to verify educational history. There are additional requirements for some positions, such as a need to be cleared by the Department of Social Services (DSS) and/or provide evidence that they have received certain vaccinations, which may delay the processing of new employees.
- Candidates do not bring all required documents to their new hire processing appointment making it necessary to reschedule their appointment.
Here are some ways to accelerate the process:
- Interview promptly to fill vacancy; if a location delays in making an offer of employment, the candidate may accept an assignment at another location.
- Emphasize to the person chosen that all required information must be available during employment processing according to the Classified Employment Processing Documentation Reference Sheet (CEPTRS).
- Review ALL processing documents requirements (CEPTRS) and your candidate’s documents before scheduling the employment processing appointment. Note that all documents submitted must be original documents, and names listed on all identification documents brought to the new-hire processing appointment must match exactly (e.g. high school diploma, college degree, driver’s license, etc.) or the process will be delayed.
- After the candidate has accepted the official offer of employment from CESB, please forward the Nepotism Certification form to your Assignment Technician immediately.
Classified Employment Processing Documentation Reference Sheet - PC PROCREF
Contains the conditions of employment for classified substitutes.