- Tap Create an Absence to access the Create Job page. The page displays with the Location and Classification fields.
- The Location field displays your primary location. To report an absence for a different location, use the dropdown menu to change the location of the job.
- The Classification field displays your primary classification. To report an absence for a different classification, use the dropdown menu to change the classification of the job.
- Select a reason to assign to the absence. If a budget code is associated with the reason, the Budget Code field is displayed.
- Use the calendar to select a single day or date range for the absence. The current date is always selected by default. Once selected, the selected location‘s start and end times are displayed on the schedule. To change the hour/minute or am/pm indicator, select the field and then use your keyboard to make changes.
- In the ‘Is a Substitute required’ field, the value set to ‘No’. To change the value to ‘Yes’, tap the ‘No’ button to change the value to ‘Yes’.
- Once selected, the Substitute Start/End times are displayed on the schedule. The Substitute times default to the location times. To change the hour/minute or am/pm indicator, select the field and then use your keyboard to make changes.
- In the ‘Specify a Substitute ID’ field, enter the substitute’s ID number. If the ID number is unknown, click on the Name Lookup button to display the Substitute Name Lookup page.
- In the ‘Substitute Prearranged’ field:
- Leave the value set to ‘No’ if the substitute has not accepted the assignment. Phone calls will be made to offer the substitute the job. If the specified substitute does not accept the job, the system will call other qualified substitutes.
- Click on the ‘No’ button to change the value to ‘Yes,’ if the specified substitute has accepted this assignment. The substitute will be assigned to the absence and the system will not call the substitute.
- In the ‘Substitute Instructions’ field, add any instructions you want to provide to the substitute. These instructions will also be voiced to the substitute over the telephone.
- Attach any files that you want to provide to the substitute or administrator. Up to three attachments can be added.
- After all absence information has been added, tap Continue to view the Create Absence Confirmation page. If any errors are detected on the form, you will have the opportunity to make corrections and then continue with creating the absence.
- The Create Absence Confirmation screen is displayed. Verify the absence information and then click ‘Create Absence’ to create the job and receive a job number. To make changes to the absence information, click ‘Cancel’ to return to the Create Absence form.
- Clicking the Create Absence button displays the Create Absence Verification screen. A job number is created for the absence.
To Create an Absence:
Note: If you select a reason that requires administrator approval, a message will display on the screen to alert you that the reason requires approval. You can continue creating the absence or choose another reason for the absence. An Approval Comment box also displays for entering any comments about the absence.
Note: You must receive a job number for your absence to be recorded in the system and to receive a substitute.