Provisional Intern Permit (PIP)

Posted by:
A permit issued at the request of an employing school district, County Office of Education, or state agency to fill a temporary staffing vacancy or need. They are issued for a minimum of six months, but not more than one year. Employing agencies are required to have a current Declaration of Need on file with the Commission before permits of this type may be issued. Individuals must complete a baccalaureate degree, CBEST, and a minimum number of units or verify subject matter competence to qualify for the permit. Employers must provide orientation, guidance and assistance to holders of emergency permits.