Foreign Transcript Evaluation

  • Foreign Transcript Evaluations must meet the standards of the Commision on Teacher Credetnialing per Foreign Transcript Evaluation CL-635.

    Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees* and other relevant documents prior to applying to the Los Angeles Unified School District. A detailed, course-by-course, foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet any credential requirement, even if the foreign course work has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.

    Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by one of the approved organizations listed below in order to be accepted by the Commission. These organizations are private enterprises who charge a fee for their services. Individuals seeking a foreign transcript evaluation must follow the procedures outlined by the organization providing the evaluation. In all instances, original, official documentation will be required when requesting the evaluation.


    *The bachelor's degree requirement for California certification refers to the equivalent of a four-year (or more) college-level program. Individuals who obtained a credential or teaching certificate in a jurisdiction outside of the United States should also submit a photocopy of that document to the evaluating agency.



    Academic & Professional International Evaluations, Inc. (APIE)
    P.O. Box 5787
    Los Alamitos, CA 90721-5787
    (562) 594-6498

    Web Site:


    It is very important that you provide complete and accurate information and follow the direction in their packet.

    Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute (ACEI)
    P.O. Box 6908
    Beverly Hills, CA 90212
    (310) 275-3530
    (800) 234-1597
    Fax: (310) 275-3528

    Web site:


    Request a comprehensive report. It is very important that you provide complete and accurate information and follow the direction in their packet.

    Academic & Credential Records, Evaluation & Verification Services (ACREVS) (California [Silicon Valley -- San Francisco -- Bay Area])
    1776 Clear Lake Avenue
    Milpitas, California 95035-7014
    (866) 583-4834 Toll Free
    (408) 719-0015

    Fax: (510) 252-0876


    American Education Research Corporation (AERC)
    382 East Rowland Street
    Covina, CA 91723-3154
    (626) 339-4404
    Fax: (626) 339-9081



    It is very important that you provide complete and accurate information and follow the direction in their packet.

    Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE)
    P.O. Box 514070
    Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470
    (414) 289-3400
    Fax: (414) 289-3411


    Applications available from ECE or ECE's internet homepage.

    Educational Records Evaluation Service (ERES)
    601 University Ave., Suite 127
    Sacramento, CA 95825
    (866) 411-3737
    (916) 921-0790
    Fax: (916) 921-0793


    Please follow the instructions on ERES application and fee schedule, which are available by writing or calling ERES.

    Foreign Credential Services of America (FCSA)
    1910 Justin Lane
    Austin, TX 78757
    (512) 459-4565
    Fax: (512) 459-4565


    Foreign Credential Services of America West, Monterey, CA  (FCSA-WEST)
    798 Lighthouse Ave, Suite 140
    Monterey, CA 93940
    (831) 372-1466
    Fax: (831) 372-1441


    Institute for International Credentials Evaluations at California State University, Fresno (IICE)
    5150 North Maple Avenue, M/S JA56
    At California State University, Fresno
    Fresno, CA 93740-8026
    (559) 278-7622
    Fax: (559) 278-7879


    IICE closed June 30, 2014.  Individuals in need of reports that were completed before this date can consult the Fresno State web page at for directions. 

    International Education Research Foundation, Inc. Credentials Evaluation Service (IERF)
    P.O. Box 3665
    Culver City, CA 90231-3665
    (310) 258-9451
    Fax: (310) 342-7086


    Request a Detailed Report. On an IERF’s application, Section 2, please check the following:

    1. Professional Licensing/Certification. 
    Field: Teaching
    State: CA

    World Education Services (WES)
    P.O. Box 5087
    Bowling Green Station
    New York, NY 10274-5087
    Phone: (212) 966-6311
    Fax: (212) 739-6239


    When utilizing World Education Services, you must indicate on their application that the evaluation is for a California teaching credential or permit.

    PURPOSE OF EVALUATION (Check appropriate boxes)

    Field: Teacher Education 
    State: California


    Additional Information

    All of the listed evaluation agencies offer rush services at an additional cost. Contact the agency for more 
    information on fees and other requirements for the evaluation.

    If you are seeking a credential to teach in the public schools of California, refer to the leaflets below for specific 
    requirements for teachers prepared outside of the United States.

    • Elementary Teaching (Multiple Subject Teaching Credential) (CL-871)
    • Secondary Teaching (Single Subject Teaching Credential) (CL-870)
    • Special Education Teaching (Education Specialist Instruction Teaching Credential) (CL-872)
    • Day-to-Day Substitute Teaching (Emergency 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permits) (CL-505P)
    • All Other Teaching – visit the Commission’s website at