"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all"
What is it?
According to Collaborative Academic Social Emotional Learning (CASEL, 2008) Social and emotional learning is the process through which children and adults acquire the knowledge, attitudes, and skills to:
- Recognize and manage their emotions.
- Set and achieve positive goals.
- Demonstrate caring and concern for others.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships.
- Make responsible decisions.
- Handle interpersonal situations effectively.
LAUSD SEL's focus is centered around four SEL competencies: