California Infant/Toddler Learning and Development Program Guidelines, Second Edition
Announcing the release of the second edition of the California Infant/Toddler Learning and Development Program Guidelines, an important publication that provides program administrators, teachers, and college instructors with guidance on the essential elements of high-quality infant/toddler care programs.
We know that 90 percent of brain development occurs before the age of five. It is so important that our education resources promote a healthy start for our children, meeting their needs in the communities where they live. This publication responds to a need for a common understanding of high-quality early learning and care across a broad spectrum of programs and communities.
A free downloadable copy of the California Infant/Toddler Learning and Development Program Guidelines, second edition can be accessed at https://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/cd/re/documents/itguidelines2019.pdf.
A print copy of the publication can also be ordered by visiting the CDE Press web page at https://www.cde.ca.gov/re/pn/rc/.
RESOURCES from the CDE
What resources are available to support instruction and implementation?
• Transitional Kindergarten FAQs developed by California Department of Education
• California Preschool Curriculum Frameworks
• California Preschool Learning Foundations
• The Alignment of the California Preschool Learning Foundation with Key Early Education Resources
• Transitional Kindergarten Teaching Tools on classroom & instructional planning, Social Emotional Development, English Language Arts, Mathematics, English Language Development
• Other resources for Transition Kindergarten can be found at
• Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning (CSEFEL)
• California Department of Education, Management Bulletin