INTEGRATED LIBRARY AND TEXTBOOK SUPPORT SERVICES
ANNOUNCEMENTSSchoology: Student Success Card job aid, click HEREThis video shows how to access your Destiny library account through Schoology. Thank you Blair Carroll for creating and sharing the video.To assist with scanning materials faster when using Destiny, use the following tutorial to set your scanner to "Always On."The screencasts below show how to send updates school-wide and how to share resources with your school via Schoology. Thank you Jessica Insco for creating and sharing the screencasts.
- UPDATING ELEMENTARY LIBRARY COLLECTIONS
The District has allocated funds to diversify and update elementary library collections.
- Library Aide: weed the library collection. Refer to resources below to assist with this process.
- Vendor Lists - Books
- Technology - Choose one of the three brands (Dell, HP, or Lenovo) for your workstation and student station. Include a printer and barcode scanner (one wired, at a minimum.)
- Process for receiving book orders
- UPDATING SECONDARY & SPAN SCHOOL LIBRARY COLLECTIONS
The District has allocated funds to diversify and update the secondary and span library collections.
- The Teacher Librarian should perform a library collection analysis to identify needs as well as the areas needing to be weeded.
- Based on the collection analysis, weed the library collection. Refer to the resources below to assist with this process.
- Library books should be ordered from ILTSS approved vendors, such as Follett School Solutions, PermanBound Books, and Mackin. The list of all approved vendors can be viewed on this webpage in the Library Documents, Forms, & Quick Links section.
- You will be able to upgrade your library technology, scanner, desktop workstation, and printer. Not to exceed 10% of the total allocation. Choose from the items below:
For your reference:
- Secondary and Span Library Collection Refresh Carryover
- Secondary & Span School Library Collection Refresh IOC
- Allocation for Secondary Library Refresh Job Aid
- ILTSS is available for support. We continue to hold Zoom office hours every Friday 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Click Here to join.
- RECOMMENDED NEW TITLES
- LIBRARY PUBLICATIONS
BUL-054698.2 - Removal of Obsolete, Surplus, and/or Damaged Textbooks, Library Books, and Instructional Materials
BUL-2509.2 - Remittance of library fines and reimbursement for lost/damaged library books
BUL-5208.1 - Procedures for reviewing challenged materials
BUL-5209.2 - Criteria for Evaluating Instructional Material
BUL-5210.1 - Guidelines for the use of AV Materials
BUL-5509.4 - Restitution procedures for the loss or damage of school property for Students and Parents
BUL-6040.2 - Library Staffing - Student Access
BUL-6222.2 - Criteria for acceptance of library book donations
BUL-6227.1 - District standards for school library media centers
BUL-714.0 - Compliance with the 1976 United States Copyright Law
BUL-999.11 - Responsible Use Policy [RUP] for District Computer and Network Systems
BUL-6745.3 - Guidelines for the Required School Site Council and English Learner Advisory Committee
MEM-5564.11 - Off-Campus Library Privileges for Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme (DP) Students
MEM-6744.1 - Guidelines for Supplemental Differentials
LAUSD REFERENCE GUIDES
REF-054699 - Guidelines for Elementary School and Selected Secondary Library Media Centers
REF-5886.1 - Student enrollment in service courses
REF-1802.17 - Time Reporting Instructions for Lump Sum Payment Differentials
- LIBRARY DOCUMENTS, FORMS, & QUICK LINKS
LIBRARY QUICK LINKS
To have obsolete, weeded, and or damaged library books picked up and taken to the LAUSD Warehouse, submit your request HERE and select the category "Library and Textbook Pickup"
Your school can purchase boxes here:
Boxes and tape may be ordered through the LAUSD General Stores Distribution Catalog:
- Boxes (25 per bundle) - material number 6402500060
- Tape - material number 8323212110
LIBRARY DOCUMENTS & FORMS
LIBRARY AIDE QUICK START GUIDE
Quick Start Guide
- DESTINY LIBRARY MANAGER TUTORIALS
Add Library Copies (Teacher Librarians)
Add Library Copies (Library Aides)
Align Library Barcodes (Full Access)
Align Library Barcodes (Limited Access)
Print Barcode Labels (Full Access)
Destiny Library Limited Access - To obtain Destiny Library Manager limited access, view this tutorial and then proceed to take the quiz below.
Take the Library Limited Access Quiz HERE